Thursday, October 1, 2009

Once again, another pictureless update

Our lap top's battery completely died and since we are still in the process of buying a new desktop and ordering a new battery, I have to use my in-laws computer. I don't use it near as often as my own and obviously don't upload pictures on here, so another reason why my updates have been so scarce...and pictureless.

Corbin: I'm proud to say he wears underwear at night now and has been for some time. He has had a few accidents along the way and that's primarily due to his bladder "issues". I've taken him to a few doctors including a urologist and no one knows why the kid says his pee pee hurts and he has to pee all of the time. He's had blood work, numerous urine samples and even an ultrasound of his kidneys (we go in again on Monday for a more thorough ultrasound). I really don't know what the deal is since everything keeps coming back negative.
He has also started attending Tatum's school on Mondays and Wed mornings. He is in the special needs preschool program next door to Tatum's classroom which she loves. He receives speech therapy on those days. They have two special needs programs there. One for more typical needs such as speech delay (which is where Corbin is) and one for more severe needs. There are only 5 kids in his class with one teacher and 4 aids (not to mention his speech therapist who comes in on the days he's in class). So that is really nice! We went to his other preschools open house last night and saw all of the neat things he has been doing. Mrs. Jackie had the kids draw a picture (Corbin's was all scribbles of course) of what he sees outside and he said, "Motorcycles go boom, boom, boom and loud". Daryl and I were cracking up at that since he's been obsessed with motorcycles lately for some strange reason. Other than his bladder issue and small speech delay, he's really doing well.

Tatum: Tatum has joined a Daisy Girl Scout Troop at her school with a few of her friends. I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout, so it's only fitting that she does this as well :). Tatum has FINALLY learned how to ride without training wheels. We just got a bike trailer and will take the kids out occasionally (although I can't keep up with Daryl since I'm such a whimp on the bike). I have a feeling this won't last too long since Corbin is now pretty eager to ride without the training wheels on as well. Tatum is also reading really well. She's in the top percentage of her class with reading and everything else you would expect from a kindergartner. Her only downfall is she is always in a hurry to finish her work, so she can be a bit messy (so her teacher says), but I'm definitely not going to look down on that as long as she's excelling and not getting into trouble (which she's not...must be a girl thing lol). :)

Daryl: Just started on-line school last week and is doing really, really well. The guy is so book smart and if only I could steal just some of those brains I would. He painted this house with his uncle and cousin last week and then had 3 assignments all due and had pretty much one and a half days left to complete them and did. :)

Me: Am finally starting to really adjust to our new life. It was definitely pretty hard at first, but now that my brain is finally starting to work again (in school mode) and I am making friends, it's making things much easier. The people here are super nice and the weather is just starting to get cold (we have the heater on in the basement now and it's been on for a few days). I've talked to a few neighbors about how the electricity will go off for days in the winter and your just stuck since no one will plow the road back here...I'm really just trying to block those thoughts out of my head since that sounds like no fun.

No comments: