Thursday, December 13, 2007

Can we say deja vu?





So we had my nephew Everett over for Tatum's birthday party and pulled out the old jumper and since then, Corbin cannot get enough of it. He is 4 1/2 months in the picture to the left and 23 months in the picture to the right. I guess some things never change with the little guy. One thing I learned so far this Christmas is you really can't hang candy canes on the tree and not expect your toddler to take them off and of course that eventually led to bringing down the tree on top of him. He was safe, but it was a pretty scary sight (not to mention some of my most precious ornaments were shattered to bits). So no more candy canes on the tree for at least a few more years. Corbin will be two in less than a month and he is really progressing with his vocabulary. He is starting to say small sentences and repeats many things I say. I will ask him if he went poop and he will say, "no" and if he did go he will come up to me and say, "poo poo". I asked him if he wanted to sing the ABC's with me today and he said, "no, don't know how". I kid you not..he just says things so randomly and I feel like I'm hearing things. Then when I got to the end of the ABC's he was starting to sing the Now I Know My ABC's part (not perfectly of course) but he did it right on cue. I'm sure most of you know that Tatum already had her ABC's mastered by the age of 1 and her vocabulary was really mature. He is a boy and boys do tend to take their time. He is really getting there and is babbling and using real words all of the time now. He's still a really skinny guy and most of the time I will find that he's lost his pants because his skinny little body can't seem to hold them up. He eats all of the time and yet has this insane metabolism (which I wish I could have lol). He still really loves dancing and playing with his sissy. They are a great team together and Tatum really helps me out with him. I'm truly blessed to have these two perfect little kids and such a wonderful, supportive and loving husband!

No comments: