Friday, December 14, 2007

What a trooper!!


So the fun all began yesterday when Tatum was in preschool for those precious 3 hrs (noon to 3) and Corbin was down for a nap and Daryl was home early. So I took advantage of that time and ventured out to the new Toys R' Us out by us and bought some things for the kids, thinking I'd have perfect time to hit up Michael's on the way to pick her up from preschool since it was only about 2:00 at this point (when I was done shopping). Well my car wouldn't start up and had no clue what was wrong. So I sat and waited for a friend to come and pick us up. Not only was Corbin napping, but we would never put a car seat in the front seat of his pick up..his back seat doesn't really have seats..just space, so Daryl couldn't help and our babysitter was still in school. At this point we didn't know if we were going to need to get towed or if it was just the battery. Daryl called her preschool which has an after school Little Lambs program which is awesome since it's only like $4-5 an hr and had them keep her after. I had someone ask if I needed a jump and that worked. The friend of mine who was coming to get me didn't have his cell phone, so I couldn't call him. I went ahead and had him follow me to her preschool after he got there and I turned off the car at her preschool and sure enough, he had to jump me. Meanwhile, Daryl was supposed to be sleeping because he was supposed to work from midnight-2 or 3pm (he currently is supervising the light rail project for those of you who don't know). So he told me not to make any plans for Friday and that he really needed to get to sleep since it was already around 5 and he had to wake up at 11pm to get ready for work..so I'd need to wait on the battery. That night I wanted to wrap some presents and told Tatum to play in her room for a bit until I was done with hers and when I found her 20 min's later, she was in bed asleep (which really isn't normal for her). So I figured she was pooped from playing hard all day at school and thought nothing of it. Well the nightmare began the following morning at 8am when I heard screaming coming from her room. I ran next door and turned on the light to find vomit everywhere and she continued to scream and shake looking up at the ceiling from side to side telling me there were monsters. Then she'd say, "AHH, THEIR ON YOUR FACE...NOW IT'S ON YOUR EAR...AHHH, AHHH, THEY ARE FLYING OVER THERE NOW". So we prayed and told the bad spirits to leave the room and prayed hard for the angels and God and Jesus to protect us. I then took her in my arms (she was burning up) and went into the kitchen to call Daryl. Then she started screaming telling me the monster was over there and then it was on my ear (where the phone was). I swear I almost really believed her because her screaming and shrieks were so intense and believable. Of course I'm thinking I really needed to take her in and of course I have no working vehicle and Daryl is downtown and not off until much later. So I figured I'd give her some motrin and take her temp (which was almost 102) and wait it out some. She was also continuing to throw up at this time. So I gave her a cool bath to clean her up some and just sat with her on the couch. Corbin was still sleeping through all of this which was nice. She wouldn't eat anything (not even the popsicles I kept offering her). She kept trying to doze off and then I thought of what had happened after we had gotten home from preschool yesterday. Daryl had ordered me Uggs (yes, I jumped on that bandwagon, but I have wanted some for so long because they are SO comfortable) and they had arrived. She loves it when we get packages in the mail, so I told her to go and wash her hands to get the germs off from school and then she could come and help us open them. Well as she's running back, she runs head first into our wall down the hall (I witnessed it). She didn't trip, she said she just didn't see the wall for some reason (it wasn't even that dark). She has had a few head injuries in the past. One when she was 2 and slipped in Costco and another when she fell off the back of her kinderzeat and hit her head on the tile while she was helping me make cupcakes for Corbin's birthday party. I had taken her to the emergency room after that one. They said she was fine and didn't even take a CT of her head..sent us home with a popsicle and a pat on the head. So back to my story (sorry for all of the rambling...I'm so not organized or very good at this blogging thing..so bare with me lol). So we just didn't think anything of it when she hit her head yesterday and just iced it. So back to the story...now she's dozing on the couch and so I decided to clip her fingernails to try and wake her up (just in case she really did have a head injury) and then she wakes up and starts freaking out about monsters flying around again (she's fully awake at this point). So I called Daryl right then and told him he needed to come home now (it was about 10:30 at this point) and jump me so we could go to Mendy's Place (it's the only children's emergency room in Arizona located in the John C Lincoln hospital at 27th ave and Deer Valley...just in case any of you need that info :)) So we loaded her in and she threw up again everywhere..so we unloaded her and changed her and of course on the way there, she threw up again. They saw us immediately and Corbin was needing lunch, so I took him to get some food and stopped by the gift shop and got her a balloon and a purse with a puppy in it. I walked in with her gift just as they were sticking the damn IV in. That was absolute perfect timing. She was such a trooper. They had already taken her to get her CT when we were gone and then they drew blood and took urine (at least they didn't give her a catheter). He told us at first it could be meningitis and if they didn't get some real answers they were going to do a spinal tap (uh, I don't think so). All in all, we were there for a total of 5 hrs (what a nightmare with Corbin who needed a nap). Her CT came back normal and they said she had a urinary tract infection and they found Ecoli in her system as well. So they put her on Keflex and sent us on our way. Very friendly staff and we will definitely be back! We still had to stop off at Checker and buy a new battery. She slept in the car the whole time all the while Corbin screaming and kicking my seat because he was overtired (damn, we need a bigger car lol). She has thrown up a few times since we've been home and is sleeping on the couch next to Daryl watching Miracle on 34th Street (well she was watching it). She hasn't eaten, but at least her fever is really starting to come down and they said she's not contagious which is good. I just wanted to share with you so you can all keep her in your prayers. I'm really hoping she will wake up tomorrow morning and act as if nothing has happened. As far as the delusions, he said sometimes people can be delusional due to having a fever. That's never happened before, but I'm going to go with it.

No comments: