Saturday, November 29, 2008

Boo-Boo Buddy


So for some crazy reason, Daryl and I decided to pack up the kids and head over to Anthem Outlets to do some Black Friday shopping. Corbin really does not like riding in his stroller lately, but I still bring it to places such as the mall for obvious reasons. So he's walking along in Naartjie and he's wearing his crocs...got a little excited like little boys can when they are in a new store and tripped and landed on one of the wooden display tables. The edges were lined in metal and as you can see didn't make him bleed, but definitely did some damage. I have never seen him cry that way. As I'm lifting him and holding him to me, his whole body is practically convulsing from the pain. He was shaking and kicking his legs against me trying to get his cry out because of the pain, but the pain was so bad at first it practically took his breath away. I immediately remembered that I had packed ice packs for the frozen grapes I'd brought (thank God). The lady from the store brought me a paper towel to wrap it in and all I can yell out is, "lollipop..does anyone have a lollipop?" That immediately was the savior at the moment and the tears were gone as soon as he got one. Why does candy work like that?? The back of his ear is much worse and we are hoping it won't get worse so he won't have to have it drained like the boxer guys who have cauliflower ears. What a terrifying experience for my little guy. At least he didn't slice it on top of bruising it. I couldn't imagine him having to get stitches on top of his bruised ear like that :(.

3 comments:

Jenn.y.Fur said...

OH MY GOSH!! Poor buddy!! I hate when they cry so hard they can't breathe... *shutters* Jillian hit her ear when she was little on our coffee table, and it literally looked like someone grabbed her by the ear, it was the perfect shape of a large finger print!! LOL! Internal blood blister like Corbins...took a while to go away but it finally healed up nice.

arizonamama said...

Looks painful. Good thing you had that ice pack. You're such a prepared mom. Happy belated birthday to Daryl and Tatum. We're excited to see you guys at Christmas!

Darce said...

OWWW! Poor guy! I know what you mean by that cry, tho--that's awful!