Monday, March 9, 2009

Marley is still woman..hear her ROAR!

I took Marley to get "fixed" last week at the Humane Society since their prices are so good (I think we did it in time since she's 7 1/2 months and was starting to act like she was ready to go in heat any day). It was a rough day..just to check her in it took almost 2 hours (not to mention the hour long drive in traffic at 6:30 in the morning) and then I had to come back in rush hour to get her. She was so out of it when I picked her up. I put her in trunk of my van (it dips down where the seats would be folded down) and put a blanket down. I wasn't planning on her needing to use the bathroom and she did. I need to rent a carpet cleaner and clean it out..so disgusting! The next day I put the cone on her when she started acting interested in her wound and she HATED it! So after about an hour of her pouting (pictured) I took it off. That night I was scared she would open up her stitches, so I put her outside with the cone on in our back porch and she just sat the entire night and peed where she sat on the mat and wouldn't lay down at all (I kept checking on her..rough night). So we were pretty much done with the cone after that scenario. She's healing well now and the extra $14 ended up being a total waste since we don't use it.
She doesn't normally have that "look" (pictured above), but for whatever reason, she had her tooth caught on her lip and I was able to catch her in the moment. Hilarious!!

3 comments:

Lise said...

Ugh - our Sadie had surgery over Christmas Break. She had to wear the cone on her head for 2 weeks! It was awful! I totally sympathize with you!

Jenn.y.Fur said...

How much was it to get her fixed at the humane society? we need to get molly done... she'll be 1 year old already on the 31st!

Xandi said...

Isn't she pitbull? My friend Jeremy just adopted 2 pitbulls and he found a place that did an AMAZING job and did it for FREE since they are pitbulls. I can get you the info :).