Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter (and Happy Passover to our Jewish friends)!!


Corbin and I had a nasty case of strep throat last week (starting Tues through about Friday). On Friday I decided we could decorate eggs (although I was still a mess). Luckily, Tatum and Daryl never caught it from us. It was probably the worst step throat I've ever had..so painful and achy..The kids had a blast decorating though :).





On Sat. we went out to my dad's and over to Park Place for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Now when I say annual, I mean they've been doing it for the past 30 years and this was our 1st year doing it. We grew up every other weekend with my dad and Kay and would frequent Park Place on the weekends and go swimming. Never once did we do this. We gave our dad hell for never finding out about this back when we were kids lol.

It was very cold and rainy that day for some unusual reason. So the kids dressed for the occasion. Corbin was not impressed with the Easter Bunny (although he does like to sit on Santa's lap). There was not a very big show of kids because of the rain, so the kids just went crazy finding eggs (although they were pretty visible since they couldn't hide them in the grass area because of the mud and mess) by the pool area. They gave each of the kids a ticket to pick out a toy and one for a stuffed animal. Plus, people brought homemade cookies and had punch. Why doesn't our HOA put on something like this for how much we pay for it?!! Dan, Theresa, Ev and Sammy also came. It was like having Easter two days in a row!

No comments: