Monday, July 13, 2009

Flagstaff Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!

Well it's officially and I can finally blog about it. We have until the 24th of this month to get outta here! Daryl's Aunt and Uncle have decided to move out of the basement and to another state and so we will be taking there place at the Flagstaff house. I have been selling so much of my stuff on craigslist. The bunk beds went in an hour...same goes with most of our other furniture. A few things we are going to try and store somewhere and I'm giving away and selling most of the toys :(. The basement is full furnished, so we can't bring too much up. We had been worrying about what to do about the house because honestly, we can't really sell since we owe more than it's worth and renting kind-of scares me...so for kicks, I took a few pictures and slapped it on craigslist for rent and sure enough, we've had 5 people interested. Two came out to look at it and we fell in love with the first couple. They wanted it the moment they walked in, as well as the 2nd couple, but we really want the first to work out. They want a long term rent (2-3 years) and will take care of our yard for us as well (we are giving them all of our lawn equipment). I will be attending Coconino in the fall and Corbin will attend the preschool there as well (YMCA). Tatum will attend an amazing school up the street from the house and Daryl will most likely try and get a job and take online classes the first year until he can quit and go to school full time with me next year when we can both apply for financial aid and be good financially since we won't really have any bills other than a little on our mortgage and our van payment... I have one year or prereq's and then 2 years after that of Nursing School and should be done in 2012 if everything works out (just like Jen *wink*). I can't wait for the weather. Unfortunately, we can't take Marley :(. There is no yard for her and we wouldn't be allowed to regardless since she is so big. I found a wonderful home for her in Flagstaff with a huge yard, dog door and another boxer for her to play with. They are a very active couple who camp, hike, go fishing and take their dogs with them everywhere they go. So honestly, she'll have a better deal with them. We can also visit her anytime which is always nice. I will keep you updated though. My house is turning into shambles (especially Corbin's room right now), but hopefully we can get our act in gear and get a lot accomplished each day. :)

5 comments:

The K Family said...

Good for you guys. A fresh start...so to speak. Let's get together before you head up there ok?

arianne said...

Yay! We are excited to see you guys up here!

ChristineG said...

Ugh. Ryan and I were just saying we hate is as much as we love it. We'll DEFINITELY be visiting!!

Xandi said...

Yes, we will meet up Michelle :).
Ranny, can't wait to be up there raising our babies together :)).
Chrisine,of course you'll be up there visiting..We can't wait to have visitors. It's going to be surreal, but really fun!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you, Xandi. It sounds like quite an adventure and I love adventures. I wish you guys happiness, challenges and a lot of fun. Love, Judy