Sunday, July 26, 2009

Almost there...


My dad plans a trip every summer and rents a home in Kachina Village for the weekend. It just happened to be this weekend (which obviously was planned over a month ago). So we made the most of not being able to be home to get things done, to be there getting things really done. I enrolled Tatum at Sechrist over the internet and the principal gave us a private tour on Wed. What I didn't know is that her new kindergarten teacher would also be there to meet her. What a wonderful principal and teacher. I couldn't have been more impressed with the school. Just the fact that they opened it up for us when it was closed said a lot. It's also an excelling school. She will have P.E., computers, science lab, art, music and library time. We met at the school after dropping Marley off at her new home. So far so good...








Then the following day we were hanging out at our new home in Flagstaff and I got a call from my friend Nicole (her daughter Mia went to preschool with Tatum) and she said she was in Flag and wanted to stop on by to check it out on their way to New Mexico. It was so much fun for Tatum to have her first official play date with a friend from home and we haven't even moved in yet. I'm sure they will be up here lots to play. My dad and Kay also came over to check it out as well.




And one of my favorite things to do (so far) in Flagstaff is to go downtown for dinner and actually eat outside and enjoy the scenery, music, people and most of all, the weather.




Yes, I did take him to get his haircut (yet again), but this time, I had her go much shorter. I just got sick and tired of fighting him over combing the knots out. I also had them chop 4 inches off of Tatum's hair. It's still shocking when I look at both of them, but she had some nice split ends going on herself, so this will help as well. Her hair grows so fast, I'm sure it will be grown back by her birthday.


So I checked out Coconino (the main campus) where I will be attending. I am SO excited. I peaked around the school and was really impressed. It's nice and small and well...the whole thing is just so exciting. I was however, not impressed with the preschool that is connected to it (The YMCA), so he will not be going there while I attend (which would have been so easy and really nice to get to check in on him in between classes..but like I said, not impressed). He does still qualify for the special needs preschool at Sechrist. But unfortunately, it won't work out either. The days/hours are Mon-Wed from 8:30-11:30 and I will be in school for the first 2 months on Tues and Thurs starting at 11:30. But I spoke with the speech therapist already and she said she would meet privately twice a week (for free) at the school for one on one speech therapy with him until she feels he doesn't need it anymore. I've been calling on some preschools and man are they expensive there. I did find one that is a little more price friendly and plan to check it out next week. The speech therapist said she's heard good things, so hopefully that will work out.

No comments: