Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We're officially unpacked..but I don't have the pictures to prove it...


It's pretty pathetic since I am all about taking pictures and documenting certain events going on in our lives...but we've been busy (I don't have a single picture of our empty house, a before picture when it was clean and ready to rent or a picture of boxes piled high everywhere). So Dan and Jeremy came over Friday night and loaded up the Uhaul.


Then the following day, I'm going to clean our house to get it sterilized and clean for our renters and my vacuum goes out (the one I've been telling Daryl it's time to replace for about a year now). So I call Christine and she comes over with their vacuum and then in a round about way, asks us if we'd like help going up. I of course jumped at that since I knew we'd need the help and then they'd get to get out of the heat and have a place to stay. We took off about 1pm and right around the Anthem area, I notice black rubber flying at my van. Then I start laying on the horn and flashing my lights at Daryl. It was the damn Uhaul (I even thought about what we would do if that were to happen moments before). It was in the worst spot imaginable. I called Ryan and Christine who were about 5 mins behind us. We then decided to drive a little more to get out of the way. People were whizzing by us at 85 mph and not getting over (really pisses me off when people do that). We then had no choice but to drive the wrong way on one of the off ramps to pull off into a dirt field (I mean, we had 4 children with us). After 45 mins of Daryl getting put on hold with Uhaul, he finally got ahold of someone and they told him it would be about an hour. So they told Christine and I to go ahead with the kids while they waited another hour (well that's how long they thought it would take). Come to find out, the guy who was coming to "rescue" them with a new tire also had a blow out and had to wait for someone to come and bail him out. By the time we got to Flagstaff, the guys had just left. I was able to get the vans unpacked by the time they came. My cousin and her husband (who live in Flagstaff) had a load of their things as well (they were in Phx at the time). So all three guys unloaded (with some of my help of course) that night (thanks again Arianne and Dave..we owe you). We have stuff in storage in Glendale, stuff in the storage outside our door (down in the basement) and the basement is now fully cleaned, organized and fully unpacked as of about an hour ago. We got to sit out on the back porch while it poured down eating dinner tonight. Ah..this is the life!


Corbin visibly upset that his tires wouldn't work in the dirt and would just spin out (it was 105 degrees out..at least at the time). *this is when we were stuck*




Proof of our "fun".



Ryan trying to keep the kids entertained while we waited and waited...Corbin was not having it though (he was also having potty issues because of his UTI, so it was not a fun ride up).




Our first Farmer's Market. One of many I'm sure. We all took a day on Sunday and checked it out and then went to lunch at Collin's Pub.




This was halfway through the damage (it was much worse before). I just thought I should grab my camera and snap a few pics to give you an idea from yesterday...





I'll get more pictures later on of our finished job. Just wanted to give you a quick update :)

No comments: