Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's a small world afterall...


Corbin, Tatum, Jordan and Emily :)


Tatum had her first ice cream social the other night. So we packed up the van and made the 20 min drive to her school. As soon as we were walking up to the front door of her school, these random kids whom I've never seen before are saying, "Hi Tatum". I'm proud she has many friends and she is so social, but it was also really weird since I have never met any of her "bus" friends before. I don't know..maybe it's just me, but since she's been little, I've known everyone she knows and now she is so independent..I kind-of like/don't like it..I'll let you know when I figure it out lol.
So on to the story...Tatum has this girl in her class, Emily (pictured at the very top with Tatum). Tatum talks about her every day and how they share snack on the bus and Tatum just thinks the world of her. So we walk into the cafeteria and Emily runs over to us saying, "You're here!" So her parents immediately come over and introduce themselves to us. They have 3 other boys (she's somewhere in the middle). Their youngest one is Corbin's age. So we get our ice cream and sit with them. Her husband is an nephrologist which is awesome, since I've seen a few urologists in my life due to my kidney issues when I am preg and it was really refreshing to find someone who actually helps to prevent them vs. getting rid of them. Okay, so on to my story. So I get to talking with Emily's mom and she tells me they just moved up from Phoenix about a month ago (well the PV area). They live about 5 mins from our "new" house. Then we talk a little more about where we grew up and come to find out, we grew up in the same area and went to Encanto and Clarendon elementary school (not the same years though). For about 6-7 years, I swam on a private swim team called the Rons Club. Our rival team was The Terrace Club and she swam on it. So we talked on finding out we were both in Brownies and Girl Scouts (she's going to start a Daisy troop in Flag and Tatum will join it with Emily..can't wait)...then I find out her mom was my brother's 3rd grade teacher! So her mom Facebooks me today asking me about my brother and saying how she remembered me and has already met Tatum when she was helping out the other day. I really had needed that since I was starting to feel so isolated and lonely and that really helped. So we are done eating our ice cream and Emily comes over and starts cleaning up everyones bowls and putting them in the trash. My jaw literally dropped to the floor. Her mom said that she has always naturally been this way. Definitely a great influence for Tatum :)).

No comments: