Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Time for another round of randoms...






These will be in no particular order...just a few over the past few wks I've had a chance to snap :).

I took this one today. I had an idea this morning to take Corbin out on the trail nearby the house for some exercise. Might as well get out in this fresh air and enjoy it before it gets too cold. I also figured I should get a few more uses out of this brand new stroller before he decides he won't ride in it anymore and then have to realize it really was a waste of money ;P. I miss my gym :( But hopefully if I do this a few times a week, it will help offset the extra snickers/chips/drumsticks that come fully stocked at this house that I can't stop eating lol.






Tatum started riding the school bus a few days after school started. I was always the type of mom that said I would never do that. Corbin sort-of broke the mold last year when the parking at Litchfield Elementary was just too much to handle and the fact that they would drive right up to our house and buckle him in a car seat made me agree to it. This on the other hand is not right up to our door since we live in a private neighborhood in the backwoods. So we have to go out to the main road to meet the bus. We LOVE the bus driver. He is a pastor for a Baptist church up the road and I fully trust him and his driving capabilities (we followed him the first day as you can see from the picture above lol). Tatum rides with her best friend from her kindergarten class and she has made friends with a few other 1st and 2nd graders which she loves.

This was how Tatum's classroom looked the night I went to the open house for parents only. So far no homework which is shocking to me because Sechrist is the top elementary school in Flagstaff with top notch grades, parents/students and teachers, but I've been told it is to come. I am practicing with Tatum every night on her reading skills and she's getting much better, so at least I don't feel she's falling too far behind everyone else. So far, I have not been a top notch parent though. I failed to put a note that she would be riding on the bus home in her backpack, but attached it to the outside (so I got a small lecture that night from her teacher lol). Also, I guess the girls are not allowed to wear spaghetti strap tops or tank tops to school. I should have gone over the manual (hey, I have been a little busy these days), but didn't and Tatum had to come home and tell me no straps like these (pointing to her spaghetti straps). Then I sent her to school on another day with thick straps and once again, got another lecture from Tatum passed down from her teacher (I don't get it, she went to a Christian preschool last year and I never got that lecture..must be her class only since Tatum said plenty of other girls wear shirts like that). So so far, I'm not parent of the month..but oh well..I'm trying...I have signed up for a few days of helping out in the class, so hopefully that will make up for it.
The kids usual position after a bath lol.
A self portrait of Tatum she drew at home one day..she's even designing outfits now for them.
Corbin now insists on dressing himself from head to toe. Usually he does pretty well as far as what he pairs together. This is just another random picture of him playing in the garage with a toy. He's been really into remote control cars and driving the hot wheels lately.
This was awesome! So I'm driving Corbin to school on the first day and right there (at 8:30am) on the side of the road (across from the house) was a young deer...just hanging out. Because I had my camera on hand to take pictures of Corbin's first day, I just started snapping away. I must have gotten at least 10 pictures. But I won't bombard this post with them..I think you get the idea :))

1 comment:

Just the Five of Us said...

This post made me lol a lot. You crack me up getting lectured from the teacher. hahaha.

Oh, and let's not mention how many deer you get to see to E. He'll be so jealous!