Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just what I thought...

So I set my alarm for 6:30 this morning to get ready to go to my cousins little girls shower and stood on my bed and peaked outside and saw a dove fly into the nest. So I'm thinking this is fantastic! Well after my shower I peaked outside again and saw the dove sitting on the wall behind it and thought, okay, now since she/he's been back and will come back, I need to peek on those babies. The dove flew away instantly, but I had to see. Not good! The smaller one had already been removed from the nest and the other one was dead and just laying there. I saw a few drops of white on it's beak where I'm assuming the mama/daddy bird tried to feed it. But it was too late. Last night was just too cold for them to be on their own and survive without food.
**Later that day, I checked again and the other bird had been removed from it's nest as well.**

No comments: