Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Mommy, can you tell ghost stories like on Max and Ruby?"





So for a while now, Daryl has wanted to set up our 2 bedroom tent in our backyard for the kids and have a campout. We roasted marshmallows and Daryl and I ate smores while Corbin just wanted to keep roasting and Tatum just wanted the chocolate. Then we sat around our table outside coloring and reading stories. Tatum then wanted ghost stories before bed. So everyone got in the tent and I grabbed the laptop (hey, it's 2008 and why not lol) and found a kid friendly site. Corbin still sleeps in a crib, so this may be a bit of a challenge for Daryl tonight. The three of them are out there right now sleeping as we speak. I don't know how, since the neighbors behind us are having a small party and I hear kids in the backyard running around and screaming. I'm just not ready for bed, so I figured I'd blog their first semi-camp experience.

1 comment:

Jenn.y.Fur said...

That is just too sweet! Jillian and I did that in the front family room once. We were supposed to go camping for Shaun's birthday (memorial day weekend) but he got sick and we had already pumped Jillian up to go.. so we set up the tent in the front room and slept out there. Our backyard was full of weeds at the time so we couldn't go out there... Oh and Lucas has those same green dinosaur jammies Corbin's wearing. :o)