Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas at my cousins house.

My sister-in-law Theresa with my nephew, Sammy and my cousin Cameo and Ezra.

Arianne, Dayton and Dave. Dave made this awesome book for Dayton. He is truly talented!


I have been celebrating Christmas with my Aunt Renee and her kids since I can remember. Then one day we all grew up and had families of our own and having Christmas at Aunt Nay's house on Christmas was not going to work anymore, so now we celebrate with everyone the weekend before so we can all still have it. This time around, Daryl had two finals to work on and decided to stay back. I took advantage and went up the night before and stayed for 4 days total. It was so nice to get to stay with Aunt Renee and when we went to the Hayward's for Christmas the following day, I got to stay with the kids and really hang out (all day) and it was so much fun (instead of leaving after a usual 3 hour visit). The following day, I met up with Melissa and her kids at the mall over on my old side of town and then we went to see The Princess and the Frog and out to Arriba's for lunch (it was also Mackayla's birthday) and then back again to Mesa that night for more family fun. Hanging out with my amazing family back in Mesa and some friend time was just what I needed.




Reading to the children the story of the Jesus to the children before they opened their presents from one another.







Tatum with Cameo's little girl, Cora.



Tatum with her My Twinn doll (and matching outfits). A birthday present from Grandmommy and Papo (Daryl's parents).



Meeting Bo and Ezra for the first time (Travis and Cameo both had babies recently) :).





My nephew, Sammy (my brother's little guy).







My Aunt Lori spoiling the heck out of my children.




The end of the night: Kate, Brooklyn, Cressenya, Tatum and Liberty coloring :).



After the movies: Corbin, Xavier, Tatum and Mackayla.

Later that night back at Aunt Renee's house. Cameo stayed over with her kids and we all stayed up late and had some fun munchies. My cousin Darce and her girls also joined in on the fun (as well as Aunt Lori). We had such a fun night!
Cameo lives in Snowflake and of course, we now live in Flagstaff. A huge storm was rolling in the following day and I still needed to stop in at my dads house. By the time I got back in town, the snow was really coming in. I pulled into the neighborhood and saw a Suburban coming down a pretty narrow path in the neighborhood, so I pulled over some (to be nice) and then my van just slid off the side of the road and was stuck (the Suburban slowed some and then kept going..real nice). Daryl had been in town buying salt and eventually pulled me out with the truck. My van kept sliding and slamming against the side of the snow constantly. I'm still shocked there isn't a single dent or scratch in that area. What a trip!


No comments: