Saturday, February 28, 2009

Welcome Helena Basil..err..I mean Samuel Fisher.

I called my brother tonight to see if Theresa was getting close to getting ready to go to the hospital..sure enough, he was in the delivery room and had just delivered. Then he calls me back and said "she" had a penis. I seriously thought he was joking. I mean, just last weekend she had a girl baby shower. I made her a totally "girlie" blanket and bought her a pink sleep sack (at least the diapers I bought her are unisex lol). Her sister gave her a pink Peg Perego stroller and car seat. So he will be going home in a super girlie car seat. Seriously, how did they (the doctors/nurses) get this wrong?! They weren't supposed to find out the sex and two different ultrasound techs both slipped the sex to them on two different appointments, so they just figured out they were meant to know he was going to be a girl. Samuel was 6 lbs, 12 oz and was born around 4 this afternoon. She used a midwife this time around and labored 100% natural. Everett is staying with us and since he is doing so well, I decided to take the time to update my blog while the kids are sleeping and Daryl and I watch MADtv.
When I first looked at him, I saw my dad and Dan in him. I really think he's going to take more after my brother. Everett definitely takes more after Theresa (except for his hair of course).
Tatum loved going to the hospital with me. She really wants me to have another baby. I really want to have another baby again too..we'll see...I'm leaving it in God's plans and will be fine with what ends up happening with our family either way.
Samuel is 100% healthy and we are 100% happy he is here and welcome him to our family!!







4 comments:

Just the Five of Us said...

OMG! I can't believe they got the gender wrong! Congratulations to D and T! And to you too Auntie!

Darce said...

That is so funny! When mom told me last night I thought I'd probably be a little disappointed if I was T, but how awesome is it to just have a brand new baby--even if it wasn't what you were expecting! And, it's gonna be great for Everett! I love that mine are both the same gender; they're the best of friends. thanx for posting it!

The K Family said...

HOLY CRAP!! I can't believe it!! See? And you wonder why I wait the entire pregnancy to find out what I am having....

Xandi said...

We went over there for a bbq a few days later and Theresa said he had Tatum's nose. So I got a better look and noticed he had Corbin's ears and Tatum's nose. Then I looked at him some more and realized he really does look like Tatum. It's so cool when the cousins look alike.