Sunday, February 8, 2009

Well check updates...


*I didn't want a pictureless post, so I figured I'd plug this in :).*
We have had so many pediatricians since Tatum was first born. We started off at a place out at 40th st and Bell (the doctor whom I loved that the kids I nannied for went to). I went once and decided it was crazy for us to drive from 125th ave all the way to him. So we found Desert Valley Pediatrics and fell in love with Dr. Calhoun. The problem with that office was that it was very hard to make an appointment there and when I was there, there were tons of sick kids all around (even though there was a separate sick and well side) and would wait in the waiting room for an hour. So we switched to La Loma Internal and Pediatrics 4 mins away from me. There was never a wait and they never put you on hold there. We stayed there for a while, but then I talked with my sister-in-law about how much she loved her pediatricians office (about 25 mins away from me) and decided to change since I really wanted a "real" pediatricians office. So that was for Corbin's 2 year well check. Neither one of them had shots at that one and now that they are 3 and 5 (and about to go off of our insurance due to Daryl's job situation), I needed to get in. Before I made an appointment, I called both La Loma and the one on Cactus and they both gave me the song and dance about mercury not causing problems and they chose not to have them taken out of their shots since there was no proof. I was outraged and decided I was done with them. So I called Desert Valley Peds and they said they did not use Mercury in theirs. So I took both my kids there and they got their shots. I went back and fourth with the MMR with Corbin, but after seeing an episode of Private Practice, I decided I was going to since it didn't have Mercury and he is three now..why risk it. So Tatum is done with shots until 11 (she was thrilled). She weighs 40 lbs and is 42.5 inches tall (50% for both). Corbin is 36 inches tall and 28 lbs (20% for both). They are both doing well and looked healthy. They both had coughs that had lasted a while at that point, so I got a bunch of albuterol for the nebulizer to tie me over until we got insurance again. We've decided when Corbin hits the 40 inch mark, we'll go back to Disneyland so he can ride all the rides with us (depending on the job and financial situation of course) :).

No comments: