Thursday, February 25, 2010

Melting Winter



The day has finally come for this much anticipated event, Tatum's first Science Fair and boy did we work hard on it.


Tatum's 6th grade buddy. She is so good with Tatum.
About 20 of the other classrooms had different stations set up for us to go around and try different Science experiments (obviously I stopped snapping after the first two rooms, but you get the point). :)


One.......................................................Two.............................................


and POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Doing a Chemistry experiment with baking soda, H2O, orange juice, vinegar and lemon juice. They got to see what reactions happened.

Both were thrilled and
while Tatum documented the results, Corbin looked bored to death. ;oD
Overall, it was a fun family night out.
I have been so busy making sure Tatum gets her reading, homework and projects done (cookie selling, poster making etc..etc...updating this blog ha ha...), that I'm starting to neglect my own schoolwork some (believe me, not like one of the fresh out of high school kids who do, but more like the leaving it to the last min. kind-of stuff). I have to say, going back to school while having kids is one of the hardest thing to do once you decide to do it (and continue to be a good mom/wife). I've asked Tatum what she wants to be when she grows up and she said a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) and that's it. Her reasons for it are that she can watch t.v. late that are "parent" shows and eat candy whenever she wants to. Yup, that's pretty much me in a nutshell ha ha. I said, once you're done with college, you can do and be anything you want to be. I'm happy she wants to stay at home (if she wishes to) and raise her children, but she needs to get a degree first because one day those kids will start to grow up and go back to school and then what will she do. It was more or less an option for me about college (not for my brother who now almost has his Masters. We both grew up under the same roof, but had very different expectations/rules for each of us). We are just making it known now that college is like high school, you go and when you are finished, you can live your life the way you choose to. We both wish we would have finished (obviously) way back when, but at least we are doing it now. I just don't want our kids to follow in our footsteps. Okay, off of my soapbox for now...