Sunday, August 8, 2010

12 1/2 wk scan.

Since we just happened to have a Mesa trip planned so Daryl could paint my dads whole house for some extra money..I went ahead and planned for the 12 wk scan to check the baby's health (among other things).  I am most definitely pro-life and would never abort, but any chance to get to peak at our baby is always fun.  The tech checked the baby out and checked the nucal fold and everything measured healthy (if it's extra thick..2.5 mm or more, there is a higher probability for Down's).  Then I just had to ask (like with Corbin at his 12 wk scan) what the sex was.  I've been doing some research on the "nub" theory.  Basically, when I fetus is this early, they both still have nubs.  But, if it is a boy, it will stick up at a 30 degree angle and if it is a girl, it will lay down at a 30 degree angle.  Once the baby finally started to unfold it's legs and we got a good sagittal view of the baby (not pictured here with the nub unfortunately)....
I immediately saw the nub laying flat at a 30 degree angle.  The tech wasn't saying anything and kept looking at the different angles and finally said she'd put her money on Girl!  The heart rate was still 162 (which Tatum's was always at..Corbin's was always around the 140 range at the most).  So I'm not buying any pink yet, since there's still a chance she could be a he.  But I will definitely keep you updated.  I'm just happy for a healthy baby with two arms and two legs.  Tatum will be thrilled for a sister and I know Corbin would love a brother to wrestle around with..so either way..we are thrilled!!

No comments: