Friday, June 20, 2008

A favorite hobby of mine

Many of you who know me, know I love..well..how should I put this..a good deal on something that is well above my price range..especially baby gear. But the thing I love about these kinds of purchases are when they come at a good price and then I can turn around and sell them on craigslist.com when I am done for about half of what I paid for (and sometimes 3/4's if I got an excellent deal on it). For instance, I bought my P3 stroller (which normally goes for around $339+tax with limited colors at Babies R' Us) for $240 out the door with my choice of color (and no shipping). When I go to sell it, I can probably get around $150 for it no problem which I love (or maybe a little less..we'll see how it ends up in the long run lol). I've sold a few other strollers for deals like that too and it's worked out really well. I buy high end diaper bags, yes, I'm guilty of that one too. Those are not as easy to find that big of a price difference or should I say..price break, but when I turn around and sell them..yes, them...I still get a ton for it. So basically, I get to enjoy it new for a price of what I could have paid for it used down the road. You all know how much I love Britax car seats. My first one was a Roundabout (which retails for for $229+tax at Babies R' Us). I priced it out at (I believe) babycenter.com on sale for $140 out the door brand new and with my choice of fabrics. I then sold it 3 years later for $100 on craigslist (with several people wanting it) and turned around about bought Tatum's Regent for $200 out the door (those normally go for $279.99+tax at BRU). I tell Daryl that these purchases are my little investments and he's like, "whatever makes you feel better" lol. I just wanted to share with you some amazing sites. All you have to do is type in what you are looking for in the search box and you can narrow it from most popular to lowest to highest prices. It's crazy what kind of price ranges you can find when you do it this way. It's not just for baby gear, you can search for anything! It's so rewarding to find such a steal. Just wanted to pass this bit of info on to you all :)).

www.bizrate.com, www.shopzilla.com, www.NexTag.com, www.become.com and a plethora of others.

No comments: