Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It could have almost happened to us!

After we got home on Sunday from shopping and such, I went out into the garage to back the car back in. Well Daryl always backs the van up backwards because it's easier to unload, so I was just going to back it in the rest of the way since we were done and needed to close the garage. Corbin was in the kitchen eating and Daryl was still unloading groceries, so I "assumed" I was safe. As I'm backing up the van (barely letting my foot off the brake with the car in drive) I hear my back-up sensors going off like crazy and there in my little navigation screen is my son just standing there right next to my bumper just starring at my brake lights. I immediately put the car in park and jumped out and grabbed him. He was literally standing inches away from the bumper. Who knows what could have happened if I didn't have that kind of technology. I'm usually pretty good about stuff like that and always hear the horror stories and I just never thought it could have almost happened to me. We will now ALWAYS own a vehicle with a back-up camera and sensors. We almost didn't get this van because we didn't think we really needed it. It really is a lifesaver!

No comments: