Sunday, June 29, 2008

We've hit another milestone!




We can now officially go to the movies with both kids..no problem! The last time we attempted to take Corbin to the movies was 6 months ago on Tatum's birthday to see Enchanted. The first 20 mins we were good until the candy was out and he wasn't interested anymore. So I pushed him all around the back of the theatre back and fourth in his stroller, then I'd get to sit for like 2 mins (with his stroller next to my seat)..then we were making laps again the moment he realized we weren't lol. I probably burned about 300 calories doing that lol. I did the summer movie deal with the kids the summer before, but he was still so little and I think still nursing that it wasn't that big of a deal.
So this time he sat in his seat through 75% of the movie sucking on one lollipop (yes, he finally sucks it and not just chews it the moment it hits his lips lol). The other 25% he sat in one of our laps. He didn't try and get down once and he stayed quiet and just watched Wall-E the whole time. I'm so excited to go again!!

4 comments:

arizonamama said...

Congratulations! I can't tell you how exciting that was for us when Jonah finally sat through movies. We went to Indiana Jones with our kids a month or so ago and it was awesome to just sit there. Okay, I did have to leave twice to let him go to the bathroom and I missed the most important parts but it was better than staying home. Your blog is great. I love it.

Just the Five of Us said...

Lucky!

Xandi said...

Awww, thanks "Camel" and Marissa! It is very exciting, even though for the longest times I've enjoyed watching movies in the comfort of our own home with a pause button nearbye and getting to wear my pajamas lol. It is fun to venture out and watch the newest kid movie without too many kid interuptions finally. When we first walked up, Daryl said 4 please, and I looked at the lady selling the tickets and said, "Umm, no..3 please" since they were about to charge us for Corbin no problem. We just weren't used to taking him, so this was all new to us. I've got to cram in as many movies as I can until he looks three lol.

The Momma said...

Isn't it great! This is the first summer that I have been able to the summer movie fun deal and it has been awesome. My next goal is to be able to watch a movie without having to leave in the middle for one of them to pee!