Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New Job?? *Update at the bottom*

So a few of you know that when we bought our new van about 2 1/2 months ago, the dealer offered me a job to work at home for him. I told a few people and I could tell that many of them were super skeptical about it and I just tried not to be. It was super fun, but did require some extra work and hours, so obviously something you'd want to get paid for right? I started on May 1st and was promised a paycheck under the table every 2 wks. It was easy money and I could help out with groceries and have extra money to have on hand which is always good. So after several broken promises of not coming through and paying me and 2 signed blank checks that were bogus, he has still yet to paid me. He half paid me, but after the ten millionth time going to Chase to see if the funds were good in his account and the teller telling me that I couldn't even cash a $5 check if I wanted to, I knew I had to do something about it. By then it was the end of June (yeah, I'm crazy for putting up with this guy for 2 months, but I was trusting and naive..and still am of people ). I hadn't talked to my "boss" in about 2 wks (he wasn't answering or returning calls), so I finally got in contact with his General Manager and told him what he owed me (which was a lot) and then he asked if I could come down to the dealership and talk to him. Then he offered me a job! He didn't even know that Darron had hired me. I told him that Darron also said that Avondale would be involved in my payroll as well (which again was another surprise). He said we would start off small..about 2 hrs a day whenever I could sneak it in whenever contacting old customers asking them how their experience was purchasing their vehicle from us yada, yada...and then we'd go from there. So no selling, which is super easy. I will be an "official" work at home employee and get paid through their payroll. He still wants to do something about what I'm owed, so we'll see how that works out. Even half would be great at this point. So I'll start off working only about 10 hrs a week (whatever hours I choose..and they can change from day to day which is really nice) and then he's going to have me start doing more of what I did before and then increase my pay. I then interviewed with the Team Manager and he told me I had to take an Omnia test, do a background check and fill out the proper employment applications that they will need from me. He did say that they are going to skip me through the training process which usually requires a lot more hoops to jump through..so that was good. Tomorrow, I have to go back for a second interview and meet more of the team and then I'll have a third interview after that. If everything goes smoothly, I'll have a job! They said my job title would be "sales woman"..or maybe he said salesman lol. He said I could keep moving up if I really enjoyed it to eventually selling cars one day on the lot. I'm not sure if I want to go that far, but any job that gives me the ability to stay at home and raise my kids with the freedom to still live my life...and then still get paid...is the perfect job for me!
Everything truly happens for a reason (which I know is pretty cliche), but I really believe that. This could really end up being a really good thing!

**I just came back from my 2nd interview and it went amazingly smooth. I interviewed with three other guys and have one more on Monday. I pretty much have it in the bag lol. This is such a blessing and I can't wait to get started. So keep your fingers crossed that everything works out this time :)).**

(I put this on my myspace, but I wanted you all to know what's been going on as well too :)).

1 comment:

arizonamama said...

That's so exciting. I hope it works out and you get all the things you're promised... or even most of them. Not to get all religious but I think you are blessed and God knows we want to stay home with our babies and will somehow open the way... Congrats!