Wednesday, June 18, 2008

See, they really can play nice together

As a baby, Tatum was super easy and happy all of the time. I could sit her in one spot when she was 8 months or so and she would play with her toys and I could clean the whole house no problem (both of my kids didn't crawl until 10 months). She (to this day) can self entertain and play independently very easily. Many of you know, I had a rough pregnancy with Corbin complete with back to back kidney infections and had passed several stones throughout, eventually leading to having an early c-section and then having lithotripsy to blast the stone because of the size about a month after(total run-on, but whatever lol). They are 25 months apart and throughout most of my pregnancy, I was stuck to the couch with ice packs, heating pads and medication because of my condition..it was pretty awful. Tatum would happily fetch me snacks from the pantry, pick up around the house and just go and play in her room. She was amazing and I never truly appreciated that until I had my little bug.

Corbin on the other hand was more of a "high needs" type of child. He does not like to play by himself, so it's been a little bit more of a challenge. He's super sensitive, so if someone does something that remotely rubs him the wrong way, he will throw a fit and give you the look of death (refer to the picture on my previous post with the three boys sitting in the pool together). As he's been getting older, he has been getting much easier and I'm finding that Tatum is starting to get a little more difficult which is hard to understand. Many of my friends have said it's because she's four and their girls are going through this and it's just a faze. Because of that "faze", there has been a lot more "fighting" going on between the two with not wanting to share and lots of talking back and not listening to mommy. Over the past few days, I'm starting to notice somewhat of a change and they are "finally" starting to play with one another. They still have the occasional disagreement and that's to be expected, but all I have to say is FINALLY! I'm finding myself thinking that maybe we really can do this again. So who knows, we may add another brother or sister to our party of four very soon :)).

3 comments:

The Momma said...

I'm glad to know my kids aren't the only boys that like to dress like princesses:)

Just the Five of Us said...

This is the cutest picture!

Xandi said...

He loves dressing up like this. When I took her to dance class, he looked at me and started to take off his shirt so he could get in a ballet costume and dance with the girls. He couldn't understand why he couldn't go out there with them lol.