Monday, January 5, 2009

He's a school boy now :)


Back months ago I had Corbin tested at Litchfield Elementary for the special needs preschool program. After his two year well check, the doctor thought something might be off, but when the state came out (after a quickie eval) she said he was fine and I never pursued it. A good friend of mine told me I should pursue it and contact the district about the preschool program and have him tested. Well sure enough he got in. He tested below on speech, social and behavioral. There were a few others like self help skills and things like that, but they never gave me the sheet (I need to try and get a copy). His gross motor skills were pretty high (which I figured). So he will go Mon-Thurs from 7:55-10:45. He will get speech on Tues and Occupational Therapy on Thurs. They said there are 12 boys registered (all 3) with 3 aids, 1 teacher (Mr. Henderson) and then the therapist who will be coming and going. There were only 5 boys there today, so I'm not sure what was going on with that. He did really well on his first day. They had him go potty and he did, so I will start sending him with pull-ups. He loves wearing his backpack around. He wears it to Tatum's school and to bed...I bought it at Pottery Barn and had them put his name on the back. Maybe he'll finally learn that his name is Corbin and not Tatum lol. The best part about this is it is 100% free! He should be caught up just in time for kindergarten which will be excellent!

*Corbin went poop on the big toilet yesterday for the first time..we are so close...I can't wait to be done with diapers*







No comments: