Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sweet Boy of Mine

Three is going to be a good year for Corbin! First off, he started pooping on the potty about a week before he turned three and hasn't pooped in his diaper since. He goes about once or twice a day on the potty (although if I just slide down his pants/diaper/pull-up he will dip his tush down into the water as he goes which is really disgusting, so it's much easier to let him strip completely (he will leave his shirt on..he was getting ready for a bath in this picture). He goes pee on the potty all of the time too, but he will still occasionally go in his diaper. I'm just really not ready to put him in big boy underwear just yet. I tried a while back and he really wasn't ready yet. Maybe I'll try in a week or two, but I just can't stand the idea of letting him do it in the house...maybe we'll start outside for a trial run.
Preschool has also been really good for him so far. He will occasionally say, "Mom, I no school", and then he'll say, "I want sheshe school" (sissy's school). When he does see his teacher, he is always happy to see him. I'm so thankful for his therapies he's receiving as well at school. One of his latest phrases is, "Mom, I hode you" (mom, will you hold me). It's a really good thing and I've been enjoying the snuggly phase since he's just now starting to do this and before too long, he won't want to anymore. Many of you remember when he was a baby how unsnuggly he was and how breastfeeding was like a torture session from him since he wanted his own space lol. He is really starting to turn into a mama's boy and I am truly relishing in it :))).

No comments: