Monday, January 5, 2009

Okay, so maybe I do have a little Martha Stewart in me :))


So I'm sure you remember from a few posts back when we redid her room. She loves her new house for her Barbie's, but the bed is so cheesy and desperately needed a makeover. A white pillow glued to the yellow mattress and that's it. I had a friend of mine help me with her comforter and pillows (since I don't own a sewing machine and plus, that's what she does for a profession) a while ago and she ended up leaving a few scraps from the flowers. I never threw them away which is good because all I needed to do was go to the craft store and buy some more of the green material, a little more tulle and some of the pink flannel material for the pillow and the flower. I pretty much used all of the same material that her bed used. I cut out the flowers and sewed those on. The rest was all hot glue gun (love that thing). I wasn't planning on using the hot glue gun at all, but the tulle would not lay down and wanted to go straight out. So I cheated a little. I have more plans for the rest of her house. She desperately needs patio furniture lol.

No comments: