Sunday, January 18, 2009

Marley May is 6 months!


All I have to say is this is the last time I ever want a puppy again (she literally was the size of a puppy for about a week and a half). I really didn't want a puppy in the first place, but Daryl was pretty persistent that we get one so we can "mold" her from the beginning. She is probably the most stubborn dog yet, but we still love her. I think she might finally be somewhat potty trained. I haven't caught her peeing on our carpet in about 2 wks (although she is pretty supervised). She does still get pretty rough with the kids and still likes to chew our things (like Tatum's bed skirt and the roman shade in our kitchen above her dog door..what a mess). We have the buzz collar from our last dog (we actually paid $1k for dog training and that is the only thing we got from it). It does seem to help (although it sounds inhumane). I just can't wait for the day she can just come and go in her dog door and we won't have to think twice about leaving her in our house while we are gone (ahh, the days of Bailey Sue). Right now she gets the dog run and a small section (that is gated off) in our kitchen with her bed and food/water so she can come in when she doesn't want to be outside and still be apart of the family when we have people over. She's already 50 lbs and I'm sure she'll probably gain another 10-15 at least before she's done. I need to take her to get spayed since we don't plan on breeding her. I'm just dreading the cone and the dog door..that won't be any fun haha, but I need to get it done before she starts her period..that is SO much worse than the dreaded cone.




No comments: