Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting ready for the new school year...


So I wanted to update you on what is going on. I have the kids enrolled and now and as of today, so am I. We were up in the air about going to Flagstaff, but we really couldn't afford to live there on our own and we'd have to try and rent/sell our home in the next month for it to be able to work. So for the time being..Corbin will be returning back to Litchfield Elementary next year for special needs preschool. Instead of the usual Monday-Thur (8-10:45), they are taking Monday away from us due to the budget cuts. Tatum will be going to Crown Charter for kindergarten. I checked into it and it is an excelling school with great feedback. The main reason is for the simple fact that it is free and is full day (8-1:40), whereas the other hours would only go until about 10:45 in our district (I did have to order uniforms though). So that doesn't really work with our schedule. Daryl and I have been procrastinating about what to do, so that is why we have waited for me to sign up at Estrella Community. Finally yesterday night, he gave me the green light to do it and the two classes I would need (Math, Bio/lab) had only one seat available in each. I tried doing it online last night, but my page was not up to do date and it wouldn't allow me..so I tried first thing this morning at 8am and sure enough, the Math, Bio and the lab were already filled for the days/hours I needed. I was livid! I went ahead and signed up with whatever I could and hopefully someone will drop out of the ones I need and I get can the better teachers. If you go to ratemyprofessors.com, you can look up your professor to see if they are good or not (although some teachers won't be on there). So the original professor I wanted for Math (which is my worst subject) scored really well and now the one I'm left with has things on the site that say DO NOT TAKE A CLASS FROM HER, SHE IS HORRID! So I'm a little freaked, but have a few months still to try and switch if someone drops. I checked into Tatum's old preschool at Trinity Lutheran and they offer a daycare program there. So on the days I go to school and he's not in school (and she is), I will take him there for a few hours. They do circle time, crafts and bible study, so it will be fun for him. I really wanted to wait until my youngest was in kindergarten before I went back, but things have definitely changed in our household lately. The plan is for me to go to school and receive my RN. Maricopa has a wait list of two years and Coconino does not (although I need more prerequisites for Coconino). I did go for 2 years before I married Daryl, but I took no Biology. If I would have, I could already been on the wait list..but I didn't know. I am taking Math here even though I don't need it in case we eventually transfer to Coconino (which they require) and it will only help for the NET test. Daryl is still looking for work and may try and take a few online courses as well. When I'm done and working, it will be his turn to go back to school. We wish we could both go at the same time, but obviously that won't work. It's a very exciting/unnerving chapter in our lives right now and I will be sure to keep you updated.

1 comment:

The K Family said...

WOW....you certainly have a lot going on in your life right now. You should try to get a part-time job at a hospital by you. You would be able to get into the nursing program much quicker.

P.S. I left you a little something on my page. :)