Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy 62nd Mom!!


My mom turned 62 last Sat. We went up to visit her in Cottonwood with my brother, Dan and his family. Since she has a tenant now renting her main house..she now lives in her barn which has been converted to a guest house (Daryl was seriously impressed). Since we were a little crammed for room/space, we decided it would be in everyone's best interest to camp. It's getting me one step closer to actually doing it with the kids. Granted, we had a toilet, kitchen and I slept in the guest house with my mom, Theresa and baby Sammy while everyone else did their thing. I'm SO thankful that I did since I got up to go pee at 5am and heard the roosters going like crazy all around her house (Daryl said they lasted for around 2 1/2 hrs). She said three of her neighbors have farm animals, but you can still hear them on all three corners despite the fact she's on 2 acres. The kids actually ended up sleeping in until 8 which I thought was nuts. They must have been really tired though.
On Sat, we went over to the creek in Sedona and my mom ended up slipping and seriously spraining her wrist. Now my mom is tough and for her to compare it to labor..it must have really hurt. I've seen pictures of her where she's whacked herself in her face with a shovel after furiously digging a ditch for pipe in her ground, she fell off her bed and bonked her head on the side and drew blood..but no biggie. So she has it in a sling, but of course doesn't have medical insurance and is hoping it will just go away. Her tenant does healing, so she's working with her with that. I've been calling her several times a day for updates on her wrist and she said she's fine, but she can't even see her wrist bone anymore and thinks it might be shattered. Well that's great! Nothing like shattering your wrist on your birthday. Good thing social security kicks in soon I guess..that's one bright side to this whole ordeal.
We were supposed to go to some crawdad festival that night, but skipped it because of mom (not to mention we were all exhausted). So we went back to the creek the next day and worked on our tans while the kids/men swam :)



He said he was tired, but really only wanted to be able to be alone so he could play lol.

Right after the incident..she was all smiles since she had an ice cold beer in her hand to numb the pain some..that is until the pain really kicked in later.

No comments: