Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our summer plan


Daryl and I belong to a gym/spa/cafe called Lifetime Fitness. This place is AMAZING! They have the best childcare watch, classes, pools, spa, etc..etc..Unfortunately, after having a membership for so long, we had to put it on hold due to our family's economic situation. For $10 a month, we could keep it and then join back up with no fees. We are still having an economic situation, but since Daryl has been home, we've been doing more things such as eating out, movies..stuff that costs money. Not only that, we've been finding ourselves putting on a few pounds because of it all. We've been wanting to put the kids in activities over the summer since they have been starting to get a little bored, so we talked about it and decided that we would rejoin only for 2 months..well almost since we were already into June when we joined (school starts the 3rd of Aug). That way, we could work out, the kids could play with their friends they made months ago (we hadn't been in about 5 months) and then we could top it off with an hour of swimming. Amazingly, Tatum has really started getting good at it. I finally talked her into going down the big slide (pictured) and then she just swims to the side and gets out. The first day, I stood there waiting and watching to make sure she made it (there is a lifeguard at the bottom, but parents aren't allowed in). Now she just goes by herself. It makes Corbin so mad that he's not tall enough. We watched our nieces yesterday, so we took them. I had my phone with me and snapped a few pictures. Devin and Tatum practically lived at the slide. I took a class and Daryl manned the little ones. Then we went to Jillian Pings birthday party and then brought them home and had them take a nap at 5pm and then went to Ryan and Christine's to help celebrate her 30th. You should have seen all the kids. I mean, it's like 11pm and everyone's still going strong. Our kids (of course) lasted the longest. We left at 12:30 am and they stayed awake the entire time. It's 9:30am the following morning and they are still sleeping. I wish I had pictures...
Marissa wants me to post more, so Marissa, this post is for you lol.

1 comment:

Just the Five of Us said...

lol. Good job posting! I love reading them!