Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not again :(


So I'm not sure if I ever blogged this or not, but about a few weeks after I first bought the van, I accidentally hit the trunk release button on the key chain instead of the sliding door button while the van was in the garage with the garage door down. I was working for Avondale Toyota at the time and my boss told me they'd fix it up for free. It really was pretty small (nothing like what was pictured above). But since it was new and free, I figured I'd definitely take him up on it. Then a few days before it got fixed, Corbin got inside my van as we were loading up and went up to the front and hit the trunk release button on the inside of my van (with the garage door down again). No biggie since we still were getting it fixed.
Well everything was going good until last Sat when we were watching our nieces. Daryl had gone ahead to the gym (we are borrowing Jeremy's Tahoe while he's away) and I met up with him with the kids an hour later. I went out to load the a car seat and booster in the van and went back in to get the kids. I must have put my keys in a very desirable spot because roughly 2-3 mins later, I find my niece holding my keys smiling. I don't think anything of it and just say, "thank you" and round up the kids to get going. I immediately hit the garage door button in my garage and then I start to hear a grinding noise and run for my van. It was too late though and the damage was done. What I'm assuming happened was my niece hit the button and it released the trunk easily since it was already unlocked. I (of course) didn't think to check my van before opening the garage door..but why would I. I ask her if she pressed any buttons and she is just grinning from ear to ear. I can't get mad at her, but inside I'm shaking because it looks awful and right now we can't afford to get it fixed. Hopefully one day when we finally have an income we can get it fixed...but until then I get to cringe every time I look at it :(
Oh well, the life of having kids right?

No comments: